In my blog I mostly talk about how we can help our fellow humans with the problems they face, but I have always had a soft spot in my heart for animals. Animals are such beautiful creatures and it saddens me that so many species are going extinct because of what our way of life does to them. Elephants being killed for their ivory and polar bears not having a cold enough atmosphere to live in due to global warming, it breaks my heart. While we can’t turn back the hand of time and undo what has been done we can go forward and change the outcome of the future. This week I want to tell you about the World Wildlife Fund and what they do to help the extinction of such beautiful species. The WWF uses donations to protect wild animal habitats from over hunting to deforestation. They help to try to increase the number of extinct animals by encouraging breeding environments and giving the animals the safety they need to produce large families. WWF also work to try to raise awareness to congress that certain funding is crucial to these animals’ lives. You can sign petitions on the WWF website to send to congress so that they can see what an impact cutting such funding would do to the environment and the species that inhabit them.
What you can do:
1. I encourage you to go to the WWF website and educate yourself on some of the problems these animals are facing. I thought I knew a lot until I went to the website and looked through the stories of animals.
2. Sign the petition. It cost you nothing to do so, and it could mean life for an animal.
3. If you want to do more you can donate money to the cause or buy items that the proceeds go to the animals.
4. Make a symbolic adoption of an animal and receive information on how that animal is doing and how you changed their life.
5. Lastly, I encourage you to spread the word to your friends and family so that they can be more educated on the problem and learn how they can help as well.
Have a great day,